Thursday, January 6, 2011

Resolutions

It's that time of year again. I'm thinking if I write my resolutions for all the world to see, I will be more likely to actually keep them. Here we go:

Exercise - Yep. Not original. At all. Still, I know how good I feel when I actually do it, and how yucky and sluggish I feel when I don't. This resolution is not about losing weight, but being healthy and feeling great!

Juice it up! - A couple of years ago I bought a juicer after reading the book The Raw Foods Detox Diet by Natalia Rose. Juicing is a wonderful way to get essential nutrients, stay hydrated, and counter act some of the harmful things that we do to our bodies (stress, caffeine, junk food, etc.). I stopped juicing because I found it to be a hassle, but that is no excuse. 2011 I am making it a priority!


Here is a recipe from crazysexylife.com

Green Drink

    •    2 large Cucumbers (peeled if not organic)
    •    Big fist-full of Kale
    •    Big fist-full of Romaine
    •    3 stalks of Celery
    •    1 Pear or Green Apple
    •    1-2 big Broccoli stems
    •    1/2 inch of Ginger

Art - Although I am a graphic designer by profession, I do not consider what I do at work art. Art has always been a big part of my life and I find it so rewarding to express myself creatively. I have not always been great about making time, but at least once a week I want to work on some sort of project whether it be sketching or practicing guitar.

Here's to a fabulous 2011!

2 comments:

  1. Marissa - we have the same list for 2011! And those things aren't new for me either.

    I am already on the raw food thing, my health has to be priority this year, and I'm hoping to rediscover art again too. Happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, Good luck with your resolutions! I'm hoping to post some "raw" and other recipes in the near future, so stay tuned. I saw your post on Empanadas btw. Not raw or veg, but YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete