Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Cookin'

Adult Cupcakes

I had a very nice and relaxing memorial day weekend. Some festivities included going to a bbq, hiking, yoga class, tequila tasting, and relaxing by our newly opened pool.

It wouldn't be a holiday weekend without some yummy food so I gave this recipe I made last summer another try - Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho. It is absolutely delicious and refreshing. This will be a summertime staple for sure.

On a not so healthy note, I whipped up some cupcakes for a co-worker's birthday. I don't have much experience baking, so I used funfetti mix for the cake portion, but I decided to take a stab at some cream cheese frosting. I love this website because after you read the recipe you can read reviews and modification suggestions.

I used the above recipe and combined it with another one by adding 1 tablespoon Irish Cream and 1 tablespoon bourbon. That added a nice little kick and gave the icing some complexity. I topped them off with some sprinkles. I think they turned out adorable and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment