Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Beet Treat


I've been diggin' beets lately. Not only are they tasty but they provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification support. What could be better! I've also recently learned you can throw beet greens into the juicer, for more bang for your buck.

One of my favorite local restaurants, Maple Ave has a fantastic Organic Beet Salad. While you're there try the Dr Pepper Short Ribs and Peach Saketini. Yum!

Another tasty beet treat I've been enjoying is Tera brand Sweets & Beets chips. After being fried, dried and salted, they probably don't have the nutritional kick that fresh beets contain but they're "all natural" and I'd like to think a better option than your standard white potato chip. I like to crunch them into little pieces and throw them into a salad.


Beet appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment