Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring

Last week I went under the knife. I have been freaked out about the possibility of surgery for some time now but it just had to happen. Luckily, everything turned out just fine and I am so relieved to be done with it. I spent most of last week resting and recovering (aka watching Netflix). When I was finally ready to go outside after a few days, it was spring!

One of the great things about living in the DC area is the beautiful landscapes in springtime. Although I was not up to fighting the crowds at the Cherry Blossom festival, we have plenty of trees in our neighborhood that are full of lovely blooms.

Spring is a time for rebirth, renewal and regrowth. I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to experience Spring in my surroundings and within.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to hear that the recovery is going well. If you have extra down/recovery time, you should totally check out Downton Abbey on Netflix Instant Play. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite series, and I'm not even all of that huge of a fan of period pieces. Yay spring!

    -- linds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindsay! You're actually the second person to suggest Downtown Abbey - I will definitely check that out!

    ReplyDelete