Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mad Fox Brewing Company Review

Mad Fox  and I got off on the wrong foot: there was a bit of a snafu with our reservation so we had to wait an extra 30 minutes before we were finally seated. Hungry and mildly irritated, we perused the menu and were greeted by our waitress. She was friendly, knowledgeable and provided us with beer recommendations. It was all uphill from there.

What I ordered:

80 Shilling – Although the menu compares this beer to Guinness (which I normally wouldn’t order) this beer was not too heavy, with complex flavors and a smooth finish. Try it!

Frickles – aka fried pickles. If you like pickles and you like fried food, check em out. Not too greasy and seasoned just right.

Soft Pretzels – These aren’t your store bought pretzels. Soft with a little bit of crispiness, these are the perfect compliment to any beer.

Sausage Sandwich – If you like a little kick to your meal, give this sandwich a try. Normally I opt for lighter fare, but the fact that they make their sausage (and everything else for that matter) in house had me interested. It was the perfect portion, served open faced on toasted bread. DE-LISH!

Bread Pudding – What can I say, they had me at bread pudding. The perfect way to end a great meal.

To sum it up, the food was fantastic and the beer was tasty and unique! Even though it would have been nice to have been compensated for their mistake (free app perhaps?), I can’t wait to go back! If you haven't been yet - GO! And don't forget to make a reservation!

No comments:

Post a Comment